- Barrel Innerstave contains 18.16 sq. ft. of surface area.
- Barrel length oak staves are held in place in a radial design lining the barrel with polyethylene rods.
- The system is inserted by our cooperage team into the opened head of a neutral barrel.
- Oak extraction replicates that of a new barrel.
- The absence of staves at the bunghole and the bottom lees pool leaves racking and stirring uninhibited.
- This system is cleanable with regular barrel cleaning procedures
- Barrel Innerstave allows for renewing 100% of the oak flavors in depleted barrels and is designed to impart oak flavor at the same rate as new premium oak barrels.
- The system can be used in all phases of winemaking and works within the framework of a comprehensive barrel program to augment total premium oak flavor profiles, while moderating the higher cost of purchasing all new barrels.
- The system is intended for long term use, full extraction is generally reached after two years.
ADDITION RATES AND USAGE INSTRUCTIONS
- 1.687 sq m of oak is 100% new barrel impact of a 225l barrel.
- Intended for long term use, full extraction after 24 months.