ABOUT PROTAN RAISIN
IDEAL USE: ADDING SMOOTH STRUCTURE TO RED WINES.
- Proanthocyanidin from grape skins, adds velvety smooth structure and reverses the oxidation process, absorbing aldehydes and port-like odors.
- Protan Raisin is a pure proanthocyanin tannin extracted from grape skins. Like all proanthocyanin tannins, skin tannins are naturally present in grapes.
- Protan Raisin boosts the body and mid-palate of the wine simulating extended maceration, without the downside of bitter compounds.
- It acts as the final receptor for color pigments and polymerizing tannins, ensuring the correct development of wine during the aging process.
- The presence of Protan Raisin stimulates polymerization making a wine mellow and harmonious.
Dosage Rate & Usage Instructions
- Whites: 3 to 12 g/Hl (1/4-1 lb/1000 gallons)
- Reds: 12-25 g/Hl (1-2lbs/1000 gallons)
- Mix in warm water (35 °C/95 °F) or wine and add directly to circulating tank or barrel.
- When adding Protan Raisin in a bench trial, wait for at least 3 days to evaluate. The strong flavor deriving from the extraction process gives a note that is not completely pleasant until the tannin is fully integrated into the wine. Also, give the tannin a week to integrate before filtering the wine.