Fermol Rouge is vigorous and dominant yeast, ideal for optimizing difficult technological conditions where wild yeasts are an issue and consistency is required. It actively extracts tannins from the grapes and produces aromatics typical of young red wines. Its nutritional demand is average. It ferments very well in high temperature conditions and is a moderate malic acid consumer. It doesn’t produce significant amounts of SO2.
- Controlled by the microbiology laboratory from the University of Reims, Champagne-Ardenne France, faculty of sciences.
- This is AEB’s workhorse red wine Yeast and is similar in characteristics to the Fermol Blanc.
- Thanks to its vigor and resistance, it rapidly prevails over the indigenous flora found in large quantities in red wine vinification. It is a consistent and reliable Yeast particularly recommended for the production of young wines, rosé wines and wines for medium-term aging, with intense red berry aromas and good structure.
- Furthermore, when compared to other selected Yeasts, Fermol Rouge produces wines with more intense colour, given its ability to fix the colouring substances extracted during maceration.
- 10-30g/100kg crushed grape