ENDOZYM Alphamyl SB1
SB1 Bacterial alpha-amylase enzyme. ENDOZYM Alphamyl SB1 is an innovative enzymatic preparation from AEB, acting at higher temperatures than those normal permitted for other bacterial amylases. Extracted and purified from heat-resistant Bacillus Licheniformis species, the active principle contained in ENDOZYM Alphamyl SB1 quickly reduces the viscosity of the cereal mash and promotes the extraction of a more concentrated wort, increasing yield during the mashing stage.
- The treatment with ENDOZYM Alphamyl SB1 is carried out in the brewhouse during mashing in order to facilitate the hydrolysis of starch and its prompt transformation into fermentable maltose, glucose and soluble dextrins.
- This agent is successfully used for treating mashes containing unmalted cereals, before the malted cereals are added.
- The optimal utilization conditions of ENDOZYM Alphamyl SB11 are at pH between 4.5 and 5.8.
- The highest activity effectiveness is at high temperatures, between 80 and 90°C.
- The dosage of ENDOZYM Alphamyl SB1 is between 10 and 30 mL/100 kg of unmalted grains.
- The enzyme is added to the mash water and is then thoroughly mixed to facilitate its action with the unmalted cereal grains first milled into the mashtun.
- The completion of the enzymatic action of ENDOZYM Alphamyl SB1 is clearly indicated by the disappearance of the iodine reaction.
- The ensuing boiling of the wort totally inactivates the enzyme.